17 January 2010

Hosanna - Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya

Song: Hosanna
Film: Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya
Composer: AR Rahman
Lyrics: Thamarai
Singers: Vijay Prakash, Suzanna, Blaaze

Male:
Yen idhayam udaithaai norungave
en maru idhayam tharuven nee udaikkave
[Why did you break my heart into pieces
I will give my other heart for you to break]

Chorus:
Hosanna... Hosanna [Praise be to love]

Male:
Andha neram andhi neram
kanpaarthu kandhalaagi
pona neram... yedho aache..
oh vaanam theendi vandhachu
appavin thittu ellam
kaatrodu poye poche
[Thats time at dusk.. something happened
when i was crumpled at the sight of you
I touched the skies and returned
and Dad's scoldings have gone with the wind.]

Male:
Hosanna,
en vaasal thaandi ponaaley
hosanna..
verondrum seyyaamaley
naan aadipogiren
sukku nooraagiren
aval pona pinbu
endhan nenjai thedi pogiren
[Hosanna, she went past my doorstep
without doing anything..
I was shaken
I was broken into pieces
and after she left
I went searching for my heart]

Male:
(Hosanna..) vaazuvukku pakkam vandhen
(Hosanna..) saavukkuu pakkam nindren
(Hosanna..) yenendraal kadhal enben
(Hosanna..)
[Hosanna, I came closer to life
I stood closer to death
If you ask me why, i would say its love]

Male:
Everybody wanna know wha' i feel like? I feel like
i really wanna be here with you
its not enough to say that we are made for each other
its love that is hosanna true
hosanna, be there when you're calling out my name
hosanna, meaning of my whole life has changed
i never wanna be the same..its time we re-arrange
i take a step... you take a step.,..
me ah calling out to you
hello helllo hello yo o hosanna

Chorus:
Hosanna... Hosanna.. Ooo...

Male:
Vanna vanna pattupoochi
poo thedi poo thedi
angum ingum alaikindrathey
oh sottu sottaai thottu poga
megamondru megamondru
engengo nagarkindrathey
[Colourful butterflies
Keep flying everywhere
in search of flowers
A cloud moves everywhere
to touch you with its showers..]

Male:
Hosanna pattu poochi vandhacha
Hosanna megam unnai thottacha
[Hosanna, did the butterflies reach you?
Hosanna, did the clouds touch you?]

Male:
kilinjal aagiraai, naan
kuzhandhai aagiren
naan unnai alli kayyil vaithu pothi kolgiren
hello hello hello yo hosanna
[You became a shell,
and I became a child..
I grabbed you and kept you on my hand
hello hello hello yo Hosanna]

Male:
(Hosanna...) en meedhu anbu kolla
(Hosanna...) ennodu serndhu sella
(Hosanna...) UM endru sollu podhum
(Hosanna...)
[Hosanna, just say yes..
to have love in me
to go along with me
hosanna]

Yen idhayam udaithaai norungave
en maru idhayam tharuven nee udaikkave
[Why did you break my heart into pieces
I will give my other heart for you to break]

No comments: